Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's been a long time friends....

Ok, so I was on a roll and I skipped a few weeks! It's been a long time friends.

I thought this week I'd talk about something other than my trips or my kid! Actually, I'm going to tell you all a tale about Craig's list. Beware...oh beware...it's a dangerous site that sucks you in!

As most know, the Tolar's are avid campers! We've been braving the wilderness for the last 8 years in a tent, in black bear country mind you, without incidence I might add. Recently, it's been on my heart to look into finally retiring our tents in hopes of upgrading to a simple pop-up tent trailer. Not that it's any more safe than what we have or we can relax on how we conduct ourselves out there. Safe measures still always need to be applied, but it's a heck of a lot easier to pack and set up with one of those! No more setting tents up...just crank the handle! No more lugging totes and water jugs, just put the supplies in the cupboards and fill the tank with clean water! Ah... sounds like HEAVEN to me!

So, I decided to take a crack at Craig's list. The camping dealers here in AZ are so ridiculously overpriced on pop-ups it is unreal. I figured we have a double gate and an area to store a trailer and we could buy something used and not too old for our use over the next 5 to 10 years or so. I diligently typed in camping pop-up trailers in the Craig's list site. As I was scrolling through the dilapidated 70's and 80's pop-ups, in the midst of my search for the 'golden nugget,' there was an add for FREE Kittens and an adorable picture.

Yep, I'm a SUCKER! Clicked on the add, called the number and an hour later we were the proud owners of an adorable Hemingway kitten! No charge of course except for the gear (litter box, litter, food, and a cart full of kitten toys.) Cooper was so excited to finally have an animal he could love and play with as our dogs don't care for him one bit! My darling husband, Bob, wasn't as excited about our new family member but it's working out just fine now!

Well, I guess that pop-up was just not meant to be for now. Crafty Craig's List...if you use it, watch out! You may just end up with something you aren't looking for at all!


No comments:

Post a Comment