Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Kids say the darndest things!

I was talking to my amazing fantastic and talented niece yesterday and she suggested that I blog about the funny things Cooper came up with over the last few days.

Last Friday, I was getting ready to take Cooper to a playdate at the mall with all his friends. He was really excited to go and very motivated to get on the road. I was putting on the finishing touches of my make-up and he said, "Mudder, let's go!" ('Mudder' is his recent term for me - not sure where he got that one, though it's pretty funny when he says, "uh,OK Mudder.") I replied, "Cooper, Mommy is finishing her make-up, don't you want me to be beautiful?" His response, "Wauh Wauh Wauh, I'm leaving!" Seriously? He sounded like he was insinuating that for me to be beautiful was a joke or more or less impossible! He then proceed out the garage door and climbed into his car seat in the car and waited there until I came out! What a stinker!

Then, on Sunday we was sitting on the potty with the door open very quitely doing his business in the bathroom off the kitchen. I had forgotten he was there and Bob and I were talking about our last parent's group get together which he missed. I was relaying a story to Bob about how we found the boys in a bathroom all peeing in the toilet and the girls were watching. Bob started laughing and Cooper out of nowhere says, "that's because we are evil geniouses!" I busted out laughing and he then said, "Momma, who are you laughing at?" I said, "You!" He said, "that's because I'm an evil genious!" Really, I think he's been watching too many cartoons!

OR..... maybe they all start saying funny things at 4! It's a toss up!

1 comment: